Tabasco Sunday

After the stressful and nearly disappointing football game on Saturday night, Roxi and I decided to get out of the house and spend Sunday doing something in the area. We thought about getting some fishing licenses so that we could go to the Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge to do some blue point crabbing. Upon further investigation of conditions, I was reminded that the area was severely hit by Hurricane Rita last September. Most of the wildlife hasn't recovered so we might have made the trip for nothing. So instead we decided to head to Avery Island and visit the Tabasco Sauce factory.











Neither Roxi nor I have visited the factory since we were very young so it was a nice afternoon trip to see where the world famous hot sauce is made. Before we left, we went by the Tabasco store and sampled all of the varieties of the sauce as well as some of their jalapeno ice cream. We left with quite a few bottles of sauce that I can't wait to try out when I cook some of my favorite dishes!

animated gifs from Library of Congress photos

Kevin J Wier makes animated gifs using old photographs from the library of congress flickr account. ...