Festival International Blog #5

The Lafayette weather was simply beautiful for the final day of Festival. Things kicked off at noon and I had to catch my flight back to Nashville at 2:00 so Roxi and I only got to take in about an hour of today's activities but they were very enjoyable.

We started out by watching a couple of numbers by Le Trou Normand, a traditional song and dance group from France.





Next we moved on to the watch a bit of the performance by Ballet NGALAM, a drum and dance group from Africa.



Finally we rounded out our morning with a glimpse at the performance by the Destination Gospel Singers from Louisiana.



That ended our day at Festival and although we didn't get to see as much as we had planned, we had a great time. It's been more than ten years since my last Festival but I know it won't be another ten before my next. I plan on being there next year, rain or shine!

animated gifs from Library of Congress photos

Kevin J Wier makes animated gifs using old photographs from the library of congress flickr account. ...