- Scientists construct the most powerful computer ever build to study human evolution. The computer runs a simulation of the human life on earth, allowing them to see how humans will evolve in the future. What they discover is so horrifying they decide that humanity must be exterminated for its own good.
- After a head injury, a man has an unusual problem: every time he falls asleep, he wakes up ten years in the past.
- A neurologist offers an unusual service. Anyone who feels their life has been dull or uneventful can come to him and buy exciting and unique memories. After the business becomes phenomenally popular, a patient makes a startling discovery: his new memories were stolen from other patients.
- Astronauts encounter an artificial, alien planet. The artificial planet captures spaceships and strips them for parts, adding the parts to itself and growing larger.
- A living asteroid falls in love with a spaceship full of traveling colonists.
- Judges in the future send criminals to the present as punishment.
- An inventor builds a device that monitors the present for changes in the past due to time travelers.
- Prohibition Era gangsters have a secret weapon on their side: a bootleg liquor-powered android.
Also see art of Penguin Publishers (this blog).