An oldie but goodie:
Also see dogs swimming in day care, underwater photos of puppies swimming.
Facebook is crack for procrastinators.
I know, I know. My blog has become my new obsession. I'm writing 3 papers right now. One is on differences in media for different types of communication, hopefully to become a book chapter in the proceedings of the conference I went to in Dublin earlier this year. One is really giving me a headache; it's about the different domains within artificial intelligence (hence all of my robot obsession as-of-late). This is probably the most important one because it is exactly why we've been here in Holland. It will be the product of my project here. The other one is for an experiment I will be doing in the future with Istvan Berkeley at ULL, also related to AI. These papers are driving me crazy, so I started procrastinating on Facebook while I wasn't looking up stuff about AI and robots online. (I'm sure you know that papers like that will need to have really up-to-date citations, especially in the world of technology, every day there's something crazy and new out there.) So I was posting all these links on Facebook. And I always forget how broad the Facebook audience is. It could be anyone. I guess my blog is like that too, but at least you took the time to come here. I know I'm not spamming you. If I post this many links everyday on FB, it might drive folks nuts. That's not what I want to do. Not that I need a justification for blogging a lot, but I thought a back-story might be a cool thing to have. To explain the sudden and drastic change in my blogging behavior.
How to make your own pocket scroll.
Evolution of Michael Jackson:
Via & SuperPunch.
In other news, the only SlimJim factory exploded.
I especially like this person's response: "Is there no God? First the recession, then our Slim Jims. Expect total mayhem as seemingly normal people come to grips w/ this crises. Obama will have to do something."
A second hand clothing store in Bondi, Australia is giving a 20% discount to anyone who can moonwalk, properly.
Off makes belt holster...
But it doesn't work so well apparently. And even if it makes you feel like a cowboy, there is no way it could possibly be as fun as our new vliegenvangers.
Unofficial Guitar Hero 5 features Matt Bellamy of Muse, Johnny Cash, Kurt Cobain, Shirley Manson.
* 3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
* A Perfect Circle - "Judith"
* AFI - "Medicate"
* Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm"
* Attack! Attack! UK - "You and Me"
* Band Of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands"
* Beastie Boys - "Gratitude"
* Beck - "Gamma Ray"
* Billy Idol - "Dancing with Myself"
* Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night"
* Blink-182 - "The Rock Show"
* Blur - "Song 2"
* Bob Dylan - "All Along the Watchtower"
* Bon Jovi - "You Give Love A Bad Name"
* Brand New - "Sowing Season"
* Bush - "Comedown"
* Children Of Bodom - "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing"
* Coldplay - "In My Place"
* Darker My Love - "Blue Day"
* Darkest Hour - "Demon(s)"
* David Bowie - "Fame"
* Deep Purple - "Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)"
* Dire Straits - "Sultans of Swing"
* Duran Duran - "Hungry Like The Wolf"
* Eagles Of Death Metal - "Wannabe in L.A."
* Elliott Smith - "L.A."
* Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"
* Face To Face - "Disconnected"
* Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains"
* Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
* Gov't Mule - "Streamline Woman"
* Grand Funk Railroad - "We're an American Band"
* Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life"
* Iron Maiden - "2 Minutes to Midnight"
* Jeff Beck - "Scatterbrain"
* Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American"
* John Mellencamp - "Hurts So Good"
* Johnny Cash - "Ring of Fire"
* Kaiser Chiefs - "Never Miss a Beat"
* King Crimson - "21st Century Schizoid Man"
* Kings Of Leon - "Sex on Fire"
* Kiss - "Shout it Out Loud"
* Love and Rockets - "Mirror People"
* Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets"
* Mötley Crüe - "Looks That Kill"
* Muse - "Plug in Baby"
* My Morning Jacket - "One Big Holiday"
* Nirvana - "Lithium"
* Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
* No Doubt - "Ex-Girlfriend"
* Peter Frampton - "Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)"
* Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring the Noise 20xx"
* Queen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure"
* Queens Of The Stone Age - "Make it With Chu"
* Rammstein - "Du Hast"
* Rose Hill Drive - "Sneak Out"
* Rush - "The Spirit of Radio (Live, 2008)"
* Santana - "No One To Depend On (Live)"
* Scars On Broadway - "They Say"
* Screaming Trees - "Nearly Lost You"
* Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
* Sonic Youth - "Incinerate"
* Spacehog - "In the Meantime"
* Stevie Wonder - "Superstition"
* Sublime - "What I Got"
* Sunny Day Real Estate - "Seven"
* T. Rex - "20th Century Boy"
* The Bronx - "Six Days a Week"
* The Derek Trucks Band - "Younk Funk"
* The Duke Spirit - "Send a Little Love Token"
* The Killers - "All the Pretty Faces"
* The Police - "So Lonely"
* The Raconteurs - "Steady As She Goes"
* The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the Devil"
* The Sword - "Maiden, Mother & Crone"
* The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid"
* Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"
* Thrice - "Deadbolt"
* Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down a Dream"
* Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "American Girl"
* TV On The Radio - "Wolf Like Me"
* Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
* Weezer - "Why Bother?"
* Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music"
* Wolfmother - "Back Round"
(with thanks to Luke).
Today's girly robot:
Cute to boot, and pun-y too. Her name is Polar-roid.
Available on Etsy from Littlebrownbyrd.
(It's currently sold out, but other cute items are available for about $20 with $5 shipping.)
Sierra club has a Wiki for trails (in Beta).
It might become easier to avoid those annoying automated menus when you call your cell phone and cable providers or credit card company.
An all-pet airline takes flight.
By enhancing the smell and taste of food with a spray, dieters can eat less.
This is kind of old news, but... Hampton Toyota in Lafayette gets busted rifling through this guy's car and doing other inappropriate things when he had brought it in to get fixed. At the link, you can see one of the videos that was shot when he installed a hidden video camera in his car.
Game crack for the day.