Search This Blog

Excitement ! !

I am so excited about so many things!











In exactly one week, I'm leaving to visit Edinburgh! After a day of traveling up the US, and across the Atlantic, I'll get to Scotland early Saturday afternoon.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself Saturday and Sunday. (So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.) I've booked a pretty cool hotel though, (there's a pic).

Monday, I'm visiting the University, and some wonderful researchers there for whom I have the most respect and admiration. Last weekend, I met some of my favorites in my field, and next weekend I get to meet more. Academia is so cool! These people are like rockstars to me, except they actually are mentally stable, sober, and will give me the time of day! Little ole me! Wow!










Then it's off to Italy for some Sat Nam Rasayan learning! I love Sat Nam Rasayan, but am also glad to know that we're going to have a lot of freedom to play around in Assisi while we aren't in the classes. I am excited to meet people from all over the world who are interested in this relaxation technique. I know that this is going to change my life. It seems like a really good time to be going here too because it's an important time in my life to be clearing out my mind to make decisions about what I want to do when I graduate (like whether or not to work in Edinburgh next year).














Then Wes will meet me in NYC! I can't wait to see New York for Christmas with Wes, and to visit all of our friends there. We tried to get some Conan tickets, but it doesn't look like they're filming while we're there. But it's not like you can run out of things to do in New York!


































And these last couple of things are not about me going around the real world, but about me going around the web-world. I love the Kleptones and you can download their full discography! Awesome, eh?













and I finally got a MySpace page. I've been logging on forever as Wes so I could read my friends' blogs on MySpace, but I finally broke down and got my own page. Everyone else has like 500 friends, and even though you don't want it to, it still feels like a popularity contest. So many of the pages seem like personal advertisements, and it's hard not to get swept up in it. It's pretty silly, really though. I don't think I want to have friends who like me because I'm good at self-promotion, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I started the darned page last night. And I think my friend Charles is right, it will be a fantastic way to procrastinate as I'm finishing up with that beast of a dissertation.