Vote for who they say you did

Our voting systems are outdated in a lot of ways, and the new ways don't seem to be any better.

That's why I'm so glad that we have academics doing empirical studies on the effectiveness and security of new voting technologies!



I "stumbled upon" a very disturbing video today.

I had heard rumors in the past that the Diebold voting machines were easy to hack, but most of these were in Democratic propoganda-type videos that also make a lot of other claims.

This video, on the other hand, is not for angry democrats or republicans. This is an empirical study done at Princeton.



Thank God for the researchers at Princeton noticing this fallacy! Anyone could hold a public office with the right software. Our voting policies are so outdated in so many ways. I wish we were secure enough to have everyone just vote once online! But I'm an Idealist.

Anyway, when we add technologies to the voting system, we need to make sure that they are secure. If you ask me, right now, THIS is the largest security issue facing America, and even the world. This creeps me out a heck of a lot more than terrorists, and they're pretty scary... But this Princeton study shows that a terrorist could easily win any public office with the right resources!


If you don't think that this is a big deal or you have arguments against my opinion, PLEASE post them. They might comfort me!

animated gifs from Library of Congress photos

Kevin J Wier makes animated gifs using old photographs from the library of congress flickr account. ...