Yes, ridiculosity at its finest, indeed!
The only thing that I can say to the credit of these childrens' parents is that old adage, "If everyone else is doing it, why don't we?" Because if you think about it, these kids are never going to be "normal" anyway.
For instance, Phinnaeus (of Julia Roberts), was presumably named after the historic psychological / neuroscientific figure who suffered from a complete lack of conscience and kindness after a pole went through his brain (Phineas Gage), though the name choice could have other roots as well.
- Ireland (of Kim Bassinger and Alec Baldwin),
- Sailor Lee (of Christey Brinkley),
- Moroccan and Monroe (of Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon),
- Pilot Inspektor (of Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf),
- Jermajestye (of Jermaine Jackson and Alejandra Jackson),
- Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (of Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates),
- Zoltan and Moxie Crime Fighter (of Penn Jillette and Emily Jillette),
- Sage Moonblood (of Sylvester Stallone),
- Bronx Mowgli (of Ashlee Simpson),
- Harper Seven (of the Beckhams),
- Bear Blu (of Alicia Silverstone),
- Kal-El (of Nicolas Cage),
- North West (of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West),
- Bodhi Ransom (of Megan Fox And Brian Austin Green),
- Memphis Eve (of Sonny Bono),
- Royal Reign (of Lil' Kim),
- Blue Ivy (of Jay Z and Beyonce),
- Fifi Trixibelle (of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates),
- Kyd (of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni),
- Destry (of Steven Spielberg),
- Audio Science (of Shannyn Sossamon and Dallas Clayton),
- Pirate Houseman (of Jonathan Davis and Deven Davis),
- Speck Wildhorse (of John and Elaine Irwin Mellencamp),
- Moon Unit, Diva Thin Muffin, and Dweezil (of Frank Zappa and Adelaide Gail Zappa),
- Yamma Noyola (of James Brown and Deidre Jenkins),
- Zeppelin Howsmon (of Jonathan Davis and Deven Davis),
- Tu Morrow (of Rob Morrow),
- Rocket (of Robert Rodriguez),
- and Calico Dashiell (of Alice Cooper).
If his name were normal, he wouldn't fit in with the "normal" people, due to his unusual upbringing, nor would he fit in with those other freaks with weird names, like Coco, Presley, and Dreena (of Courteney Cox & David Arquette, Cindy Crawford, and Robert De Niro, respectively). See what I'm saying? When everyone else is a freak, it's probably more fun if you're a freak too.
That being said, maybe Mia Farrow took it a little too far with Matthew Phineas, Sashcha Villiers, Satchel (Seamus), Moses, Amadeus, Keili-Shea, Tam, Dylan (for a girl), Soon-Yi, Lark Song, and Summer Song! What drugs was she on?! Seriously! Her kids won't even fit in with the Phinneus that's spelled correctly!
Also see: Phineas Gage magnet on Etsy, $5, Via.